Friday, December 31, 2004

Blackberries

A break from all things house today. I'm spending the afternoon canning blackberry syrup from frozen blackberries picked last summer. Also have a recipe for blackberry vinegar from the leftover pulp. Blackberry scones are also on the agenda. Yum :-).

Later that same day......ok, I lied. I snuck a house thing in. I got a call that my new center post fitter light is done. So, I ran downtown to pick it up. It turned out great, I think.

I posted a picture, but it doesn't do the shade justice. The salvaged glass shade looks very cool with light shining through it....kind of like little shining stars. The center post fitter is unlaquered brass which will age to a nice patina.

1 comment:

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

This gives me some hope for keeping the couple fixtures I have that are of that style. Rather than replacing them entirely, if I could just find shades that look that good...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin